Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Mini Puppy Cards

The current challenge at the  Lawnscaping Challenge blog  is for Mini cards.  I made these 3x3 cards with matching envelopes using Lawn Fawn's Critters at the Dog Park stamps and dies.  I have been using this set to make a bunch of cards for a friend who runs Rescued Hearts Northwest.  They are a "dedicated animal rescue group committed to saving and improving the lives of shelter dogs.  Since there are 4, yes 4 dogs that live at our house, I cannot help them by taking in extra dogs so I am making these cards for them to use for their organization.  Please check them out and give them a like on their facebook page.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Lawnscaping Challenge # 79

 Finally spending a little time making some cards around working for our company, doing the paper work, the scheduling and even working some clean up jobs, watching the two nephews and doing some quilting, camping and taking care of my house.  I saw that   Lawnscaping Challenge had a new challenge to use a new technique that you have never done before.  Hmm, after stamping for over 20 years, what haven't I done.  hehe  I looked around online and just decided to do a window card.  I kind of just made it all up as I went along. (I have never seen this before but it may be out there)
Card front

I took the craft dies from the sets Year Four and Winter Sparrows, using the bird from Year Four and the limb from Winter Sparrows.  First thing I did was use some different Washi Tapes to cover a piece of white cardstock and then cut out the limb.

I then took a blue piece of paoer and cut three birds out.  I should have used my card front to at the same time so I would have cut through both layers.  Next time!!  I lined the blue paper up and cut through the card front so the birds were cut out.  I then layered some clear window plastic between the blue and the card front.

I cut out 3 of the birdies from white cardstock and colored them in and popped them on pop dots.
I lined them up on the back of the front of the card and folded the back over and they stuck to the inside of the card.  I stamped the limb again under the birdies. 

Inside of card.

It wasn't as perfect as I like, but it ended up pretty cute in person.